This is one of the most amazing restomods we’ve come across this week. Everything on this 1968 Pontiac Firebird has been modded to perfection. We absolutely love it and if you share the feeling, don’t mind downloading some of these images for your next wallpaper.
Car fact: The Pontiac Firebird had a production run spanning from 1967 to 2002. GM is its parent company and thus the car shared platform with Chevrolet’s Camaro.
|Model||Pontiac Fireblade 1968|
|Boosted power||Near 600hp|
|Location||New York, USA|
1968 Pontiac Firebird ‘Turbo’ Restomod- Modifications
Chris is very open about the modification on his Pontiac Fireblade and regularly post updates about the car in his Instagram handle. He is one of my favorite returning-profiles.
Here are some of the modifications:
- Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3: This Fireblade first got a gorgeous racing Corvette LS3 engine, which should have been good enough on its own. But a man’s quest for power never ends, and recently Chris installed two 57mm Borg Warner EFR B1 turbochargers. Great thing about the install is that it’s mostly stealth and people who pick a race with this guy would’ve no idea about the ~600bhp monster under that hood.
- T56 Magnum: TREMEC’s high performance Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission can withstand 700 lb-ft. of torque and still provide heart-filling shifts at high speed.
- Ford 9” rear axle: Regarded as one of the strongest and most popular rear-ends of all time
- C7 Comp Seats and high-end audio: Interior is a fun place to be with two JL Audi W3 10’s and C7 Corvette seats
- Baers brake calipers
- 3M Thermal films for windows
- Full Suspension
- Forgeline red wheels
- Water injection system
- 6061 T-6 billet aluminium spoiler finished in black
Future mods: The car’s almost done but in the near future Billet taillights and Sparta Triton R brake Calipers could be added.